on the canal in 1794 under Sir John Rennie and it was opened in 1801.
In the nine miles from Ardrishaig to Crinan there are 15 locks and
the canal reaches a height of 65 feet above sea level. Every time
a boat goes through the locks about 300,000 litres of water are used.
No fewer than seven reservoirs feed the summit section to ensure that
the Crinan Canal does not run dry. Every year two to three thousand
vessels, mostly pleasure craft, use the canal.
Limited edition prints of original watercolour
Available in two sizes.
A total edition of 200 prints will be produced regardless
of print size.